Use Lookup to find words in Chinese, then choose Copy from...
Imagine "typing" Chinese almost as fast you type words in English! Even with a dedicated Chinese keyboard or a digitizing pad, entering Chinese characters is slow and tedious. Whether you're chatting with friends or making a witty comment in a conference call, Chinese Reader can help you enter Chinese faster than ever.
1. Open the Main window to the Lookup
2. Search for "hello" and you'll find about six entries
3. Choose an entry, like nǐ
hǎo, right-click and choose
4. Choose from Simplified, Traditional, Pinyin, Bopomofo or Definition to be copied to your clipboard
5. An alert will appear from the system tray (typically, bottom right corner of your screen) to show what is ready to be pasted
6. Go to your email, document or messaging application and paste (Ctrl+V)
From any MDBG Chinese Reader window, you may right-click and selectively copy the Chinese you need. You may use these shortcuts, too.
If you're pasting Chinese, your application must also support Chinese. For example Windows Notepad support Chinese, but you'll need to save it with UTF-8 or Unicode encoding.
Find words faster with MDBG's 100,000+ entry Chinese-English dictionary
For Windows 7, Vista and XP users
Chinese Reader's LiveScan makes it easier to choose the right Chinese characters
Essential reference for installing and activating (PDF)
Overview of LiveScan, HighlightScan and Main lists (Lookup, Favorites and History) windows (PDF)
Guided tour for the Settings dialog box (PDF)
Try Chinese Reader 6, Professional Edition. It's FREE for 15-days
Chinese font, voice, dictionaries and more